Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Vendors (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Estes 2019 PDF catalog!!! (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=17808)

turbofireball 03-04-2019 08:52 PM

Estes 2019 PDF catalog!!!

Estes 2019 PDF catalog!!! Here is the link:

https://estesrockets.com/wp-content...bile/index.html

rocketguy101 03-04-2019 08:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
huh? get this even trying to visit estes home page

Shreadvector 03-04-2019 10:45 PM

Clear your cache.

Delete your cookies (Got Milk?)

Earl 03-04-2019 10:46 PM

This is getting back towards what a catalog should be.

Much more comprehensive than Estes catalogs have been for quite a few years now (sadly), but it certainly looks like the new team is getting things moving in the right direction pretty quickly. This is only, I assume, the first step of many more to come!

And, for us old timers, it was REALLY good to see Vern (and Gleda!) back in the catalog, giving due where it should be. Wow, things that, frankly, I thought we’d never see again.

Good job, Estes!!

Earl

BEC 03-05-2019 12:37 AM

That interactive version seems to have some errors in it - the 1/200 Saturn V has several incorrect items, for example.

But the .pdf downloadable version https://estesrockets.com/wp-content...019_Catalog.pdf seems to have things corrected.

The Phantom is coming back!

Jerry Irvine 03-05-2019 06:31 AM

I lived for the physical catalogs and kept the ones with tech sections well beyond their years. But I think this pdf thing is a real chance to spread the word with zero friction.

Jerry Irvine 03-05-2019 06:55 AM

Page 85 typos? 2 inch parachutes on bulk packs?

Is Mary the 5th grade teacher Mary Roberts?

I want to see Bug Rogers on high rotation TV commercials. :D

Just Jerry

tbzep 03-05-2019 07:20 AM

I love page 4 and 5. The current crew, and the originals.

I just noticed the new "Boosted Bertha". The booster's fins probably will make it lawndart. The booster doesn't need fins. I've chad staged D12-0's many times on a regular Bertha. Looks pretty cool, though.

Wow...lots of staged kits. Somebody there likes staging!

Nice, complete catalog. Well done. (I didn't look for typos)

Jerry Irvine 03-05-2019 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
I love page 4 and 5. The current crew, and the originals.

I just noticed the new "Boosted Bertha". The booster's fins probably will make it lawndart. The booster doesn't need fins. I've chad staged D12-0's many times on a regular Bertha. Looks pretty cool, though.

Wow...lots of staged kits. Somebody there likes staging!

Nice, complete catalog. Well done. (I didn't look for typos)
You could drop-stage each stage on the Boosted Bertha. :D

tbzep 03-05-2019 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Irvine
You could drop-stage each stage on the Boosted Bertha. :D

If I had a bigger field, I'd try it! :D

rocketguy101 03-05-2019 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreadvector
Clear your cache.

Delete your cookies (Got Milk?)

I tried that before posting my complaint :rolleyes:

based on this post I'm not the only one, and it might be an issue w/ my provider DNS. The links work on my work computer (ironically)...so I will give it another try when I get home tonight.

I even tried ipconfig /flushdns no joy

Bob Austin 03-05-2019 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketguy101
I tried that before posting my complaint :rolleyes:

based on this post I'm not the only one, and it might be an issue w/ my provider DNS. The links work on my work computer (ironically)...so I will give it another try when I get home tonight.

I even tried ipconfig /flushdns no joy

I had the same issue. I tried it on a number of computers in the house and all brought up the same "Login" screen. I then went in and switched my DNS from the one provided by my ISP to the Google public DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). As soon as I did that everything came up (and a bit faster too, I might add)

LeeR 03-05-2019 02:54 PM

For the Boosted Bertha, think I’d parallel stage the booster with a couple of side pods container short delay motors, and put streamers or tiny chutes in those pods.

chrism 03-05-2019 04:02 PM

Pages 50-51 show a Jayhawk. I was excited for a moment until I realized it is not part of the 2019 lineup. :(

rraeford 03-05-2019 06:59 PM

I really like the new catalog. A couple of things I noticed, the diameter of the rereleased Black Brant II was 2.6" last night but was fixed and in now correct -1.33" (way to react Estes!). Secondly, I find the placement of the decals on the Interceptor a bit odd. On the co-pilot side, "Air Force" and "FC-803" is divided by the yellow stripe. On the pilot-side "Air" and "Force FC-803" is divided by the stripe. It's uneven. A nitpick but I'm a graphic designer. It's an occupational hazard. Bravo Estes!

tbzep 03-05-2019 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rraeford
Secondly, I find the placement of the decals on the Interceptor a bit odd. On the co-pilot side, "Air Force" and "FC-803" is divided by the yellow stripe. On the pilot-side "Air" and "Force FC-803" is divided by the stripe. It's uneven. A nitpick but I'm a graphic designer. It's an occupational hazard. Bravo Estes!

It's that way on the original too. The difference is it's now "Air Force" and back then it was "U.S. Air Force".

rraeford 03-05-2019 09:24 PM

You are correct, of course. My point is that before, the way the type set, it made the sides opposite but balanced. Now, not so much. Gonna toss that one anyway. Glad to have it back. I m itchy to see the next scale kit and we don't even have the 1/200 Saturn V yet.

Jerry Irvine 03-06-2019 06:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It looks like they are making live corrections to the catalog. Go crazy on the error checks before they print it physically! This might be the most error checked Estes catalog ever.

Just Jerry

Maybe they will correct the missing larger Jayhawk and Saturn 1B. :D

They sell a Phantom not intended for flight. Maybe they could sell the big Saturn 1B, put a 38mm DISPLAY STAND mount with 29mm DISPLAY STAND conversion and call it a display piece. No parachutes required.

Speaking of display pieces, every man cave of a rocketeer needs one of these!

tbzep 03-06-2019 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Irvine
Speaking of display pieces, every man cave of a rocketeer needs one of these!

Are they using it for a coffee table? :cool: I'd have to put a longer BT on it. Might need to turn a NC too. I can't quite tell if it has the proper dimensions with the BT so short. It's pretty close. My OCD tells me to fix the scale every time I look at it. lol

TNmike 03-06-2019 02:47 PM

18 mm motor retainers - I like

BigRIJoe 03-06-2019 04:04 PM

And not a clustered kit in sight

BEC 03-06-2019 05:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNmike

I missed that on my first pass through the catalog. Yeah, I like it, too, especially if their mass is close to that of the current motor clips.

tbzep 03-06-2019 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRIJoe
And not a clustered kit in sight

Build your Saturns and Little Joes with removable mounts and fly whatever motor combo you like!

Royatl 03-06-2019 08:26 PM

Quote:
Are they using it for a coffee table? :cool: I'd have to put a longer BT on it. Might need to turn a NC too. I can't quite tell if it has the proper dimensions with the BT so short. It's pretty close. My OCD tells me to fix the scale every time I look at it. lol

It's their trade show table.

Jerry Irvine 03-07-2019 08:09 AM

Quote:
Build your Saturns and Little Joes with removable mounts and fly whatever motor combo you like!
http://www.v-serv.com/crp/pubs/US%2...RTS%201-2-3.pdf

JumpJet 03-08-2019 01:55 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I like it, too, especially if their mass is close to that of the current motor clips.

It weighs .08 ounce.

John Boren

BEC 03-08-2019 01:56 PM

Thanks, John. Any idea when they’ll be available? (I’m also wondering about the timing of the new Phantom.)

Jerry Irvine 03-08-2019 03:10 PM

I like the engineering you have done on kits and accessories, and like how the graphics department has gone in a fresh new direction too.

So a maxi-Saturn 1B, eh? . . . . .
BT-70 host mount and recommend 3xD12-3.
BT-80 host mount and recommend 4xD12-3.

Jerry

TNmike 03-08-2019 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpJet
It weighs .08 ounce.

John Boren

Sweet!

JumpJet 03-08-2019 04:52 PM

I can't give exact dates when stuff arrives but typically if it makes it to the catalog it will be for sale during the first half of the year. Other new product for the year then goes into next years catalog.

John Boren

LeeR 03-08-2019 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNmike

Those are a welcome addition. For 18mm RMS, I’ve been using Rocketarium aluminum motor retainers, which are a perfect fit. But a bit pricey. I bought a bunch when they first came out, and were on sale. The Estes 18mm retainers will be a nice, reasonably priced alternative on rockets I’d typically fly on Estes motors.

BEC 03-08-2019 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpJet
I can't give exact dates when stuff arrives but typically if it makes it to the catalog it will be for sale during the first half of the year. Other new product for the year then goes into next years catalog.

John Boren

Thanks, John.

I weighed a couple of current Estes standard motor hooks and they’re 0.05 ounces....so not a big mass hit to use the new retainers. Sounds good to me!