Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   FreeForAll (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   YORF not very busy... (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=18401)

ghrocketman 03-27-2020 11:17 AM

YORF not very busy...

YORF sure doesn't seem very busy for the amount of people in the country being in "Stay at Home" lockdown.

I fortunately am still working, albeit "remote/online" and can do at least 80% of my required engineering activities from home.

Not sure why site postings are so light though....

Earl 03-27-2020 01:45 PM

Probably folks are just preoccupied with the current issues. To be honest, I'm surprised there has been as much posting here the past couple weeks as there has been. At the same time, it is good to connect with and hear from others, so that may explain some of that.

Earl

LeeR 03-27-2020 01:51 PM

I can get internet service “OK” in the morning. At lunchtime, and late at night, its slows to a crawl. All the people at home 24/7 must be killing bandwidth. I have Comcast, the only really fast service here. Last year I did an upgrade to a Gigabit router as part of a renegotiated package from them. (And my bill went down, first time ever!) But now, it reminds me of dial-up at certain times of the day. I’ll reboot my iPad, or turn wifi off, then on, and sometimes that helps, but it really seems to be a crap shoot.

ghrocketman 03-27-2020 02:38 PM

My service from about 2-5pm lately seems worst.
It kept dropping yesterday during a Skype teleconference yesterday.

A Fish Named Wallyum 03-27-2020 05:09 PM

Got off work yesterday with light breezes and temps in the 60's. I walked out onto the back deck to get a feel for the breeze and felt something touch my head. I walked across the deck and looked at the water on the pool cover and could see the faintest of rings as the small drops touched down. "Maybe it will pass," I thought. What a maroon. Five minutes later we were in full downpour. :chuckle:

Jerry Irvine 03-27-2020 06:27 PM

I think people are distracted by life. Business on the consumer side is down. Emails are down a lot. Wholesale business has not had enough time to notice yet. Looking really good so far. Mil is wayyyy up.

tbzep 03-27-2020 07:17 PM

A lot of people spend more time surfing the net and YORF while at work than at home. I know I've been busy with a huge list of stuff I need to get done around the house now that I'm not working. Normally I'd be doing stuff on the list in 95 degree June/July weather. For instance, I've just finished putting the pontoons and outboard motor on my ZTR mower so I can mow the lawn. I've got my rice seed soaking and ready to go in.

LeeR 03-27-2020 10:41 PM

You should build a Polaris missile!

tbzep 03-27-2020 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeR
You should build a Polaris missile!

LOL! I could do an underwater launch in the front yard!