Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Vendors (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Estes Signature Series Rockets (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=18319)

chrism 02-18-2020 02:55 PM

Estes Signature Series Rockets

After taking a closer look at the new 2020 catalog, I noticed that the Orange Bullet is a part of the Signature Series. Estes promises to re-introduce some of classic and lesser known designs. This is a great idea and I am excited to see what they will re-introduce. I hope some will include Centuri designs that are not already put out by Semroc. What would you like to see?

astronwolf 02-18-2020 03:29 PM

Space Plane is classic, and something of a signature rocket.

Without getting into scale models or exotics: Saros, Mark II, Maxi Alpha, Cobra 1500, Optima come to mind.

ghrocketman 02-18-2020 04:32 PM

Space Plane would be a great choice.
So would the original BT70 based Gemini Titan

Rocketcrab 02-18-2020 04:32 PM

If this is the case, it will be interesting. I myself second the suggestion of the Saros. Always liked the design, never got one. But so many other old Estes and Centuri kits were reproduced by SEMROC, and I was heavy into cloning years ago when BMS started making the classic nose cones available. Maybe they could kit some of the Design Of The Month winners?

Shreadvector 02-18-2020 06:22 PM

Sky Slash.

ghrocketman 02-18-2020 06:29 PM

Three Stage Ring Rocket.

The Saros and Nomad used the same plastic parts. That one may not be possible if the molds no longer exist. Would be cost prohibitive for a small run of a kit if they have to make molds.

astronwolf 02-18-2020 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
The Saros and Nomad used the same plastic parts. That one may not be possible if the molds no longer exist. Would be cost prohibitive for a small run of a kit if they have to make molds.

That's the old story. Those molds likely didn't survive the fire, and we know how expensive they are. BUT lately Estes seems to be cranking out a lot of new plastic parts. So....I was thinking maybe there's still some love for the old Saros in Penrose, especially an ARF Saros.

The Gemini-Titan seems like a slam dunk as far as likely to reappear, but it is a scale model.

Scott6060842 02-18-2020 07:20 PM

K-4 Astron Streak - I don't know that this has ever been re issued as a kit? I would buy a few.

K-2 Mark I or Mark II would be good

The Quasar with the silver wrap and fin can, Mini Bomarc, Parachute Bomarc, Citation Bomarc, Apogee I or II

A Fish Named Wallyum 02-18-2020 07:29 PM

Quasar, Mach 10, Mark, Argus, Mini-Dactyl, A-20 Demon, Mars Snooper, Valkyrie, Sandpiper.

ghrocketman 02-18-2020 07:44 PM

The Astron Streak has never been reissued. An almost guaranteed loss if flown with above a 1/4A motor.

I would like to see the Argus return, but as a 3- stager with a SCALE flight profile; a deliberate POWR-PRANGG into terra-firma.