Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Kit Collecting (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Genuine Semroc Saturn 1-B (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=17205)

Jerry Irvine 04-13-2018 06:56 AM

Genuine Semroc Saturn 1-B

When Semroc announced they would discontinue their Saturn 1B I took the initiative to purchase all remaining stock so people can continue to purchase them over time even if you missed the announcement or come late to the party.

I have what I consider to be "many" NIB Genuine Semroc Saturn 1B kits. I am selling them to any taker. Limit 4 per person please. $129.95 each (the last retail price) plus $12 flat shipping per order whether you order 1,2,3, or 4.

Once I get down to under 24 remaining rockets I will increase the price fairly substantially. $195.

My goal is to let people who do not follow the hobby news daily to still have access to this historical rocket and amazing kit at its former market price.

Just email quantity and your ship address to info@usrockets.com which is also the Paypal for after you receive it. Yes we trust and bill our customers. Please specify if your address is not Fedex Ground compatible and we can ship USPS. Foreign orders will have their shipping billed by email. Canada is roughly USD $16 for one kit. $36 for more.

Jerry Irvine

leftover 04-14-2018 11:28 PM

Email sent thank you

Jerry Irvine 04-15-2018 05:37 AM

No confirmations required in the thread. :D Comments about service more than welcome. And pictures!

Jerry Irvine 05-17-2018 11:49 AM

The response to this offer has been good. I had hoped to have a 2 year supply so folks that do not follow the rocket sites regularly can get one. I was a bit optimistic. Looking closer to a year now. I would be happy if Saturn 1B nuts would post the link to this thread to their FB accounts or to TRF. I posted to the NAR FB page already.

When I see some of the prices for discontinued kits on Ebay and such I think, I can fix that, but only for a limited time. That's why I did it.

You will not see me selling them on my Ebay account for marked up prices.

Jerry

Jerry Irvine 06-25-2018 10:09 AM

A couple people contacted Randy at eRockets and he referred them to me. I have enough Semroc Saturn 1B's for several months at least.

I am going to run ads in Sport Rocketry and Hobby Merchandiser magazines. Look for them. There is no dealer discount however. :(

Jerry

Jerry Irvine 07-09-2018 11:52 AM

I ran an ad in Sport Rocketry for this offer. Look for it and pass it along to non-members you see at launches.

Just Jerry

matthew 07-09-2018 05:25 PM

Jerry, are these "Carl" 1-Bs? I have been away from rocketry forums for a while and I'm not sure if eRockets ever produced this kit.

Sheryl@Semroc 07-10-2018 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew
Jerry, are these "Carl" 1-Bs? I have been away from rocketry forums for a while and I'm not sure if eRockets ever produced this kit.

Matthew, I can answer this one for Jerry. No these are the eRocket Saturns. When I announced the closing of Semroc, all our Saturns were mailed out plus extra parts we had for them. But I can also say, Randy (eRockets) used our programs for each part plus the same equipment so even though Carl and/or Bruce didn't cut the parts and I didn't kit up the Saturn, they would be the same as being made in NC.

Sheryl

matthew 07-10-2018 04:58 AM

Thank you, Sheryl. :)

I have one of yours that I'll never open. It would be nice to have a Semroc 1-B to build. :)

Jerry Irvine 07-10-2018 06:26 PM

I was on vacation so I want to say Sheryl is correct. I have been getting very positive feedback for not issuing eBay pricing and patiently waiting for fanboys to order. We used to order from Carl in the oldest of the old days at Claremont Rocket Society in the 70's and he was a major element of the industry. Thanks Carl.

Jerry Irvine 07-10-2018 06:28 PM

But if I had Carl 1B's I could charge triple!!!

PaulK 07-21-2018 08:33 AM

The one Semroc 1B I have was purchased from Carl, in person, at iHobby - we had a good long conversation about the kit and Semroc. I built the model that winter, and continue to fly it about once every other year. I'm glad the kit's being made available to those who didn't get the chance while it was in production.

Jerry Irvine 07-21-2018 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulK
I'm glad the kit's being made available to those who didn't get the chance while it was in production.
Happy to help. :D

LeeR 07-21-2018 04:35 PM

Yesterday started my one year commitment to get my Saturns built before the Apollo 11 50th anniversary.
I have an Estes 1/100 Saturn 1B ready to paint. Next I’ll do an Estes Saturn V. After that, I’m not sure of order, but I’ve got a 1/100 Little Joe II. Seems appropriate to have these same-scale models done.
I’ve got a Semroc Saturn 1B I’d love to get done, as well as the Estes 1/45 Little Joe II.
This is going to be a busy year. :)

SEL 07-21-2018 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeR
Yesterday started my one year commitment to get my Saturns built before the Apollo 11 50th anniversary.
I have an Estes 1/100 Saturn 1B ready to paint. Next I’ll do an Estes Saturn V. After that, I’m not sure of order, but I’ve got a 1/100 Little Joe II. Seems appropriate to have these same-scale models done.
I’ve got a Semroc Saturn 1B I’d love to get done, as well as the Estes 1/45 Little Joe II.
This is going to be a busy year. :)

I've been thinking along the same line: A year should give me plenty of time to both finish up the half-done kits ( Estes 1/100 1-B, Semroc 1-B, Dr. Zooch SA-5 and Estes 1/45 LJ II ) along with building at least 1 of the Estes Saturn V's and maybe even taking on the Apogee Saturn 1-B or Saturn V.

I haven't been paying too much attention lately; has anyone heard what the 'Bonus' is with the new Estes Saturn V?

PaulK 08-05-2018 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEL
I've been thinking along the same line: A year should give me plenty of time to both finish up the half-done kits ( Estes 1/100 1-B, Semroc 1-B, Dr. Zooch SA-5 and Estes 1/45 LJ II ) along with building at least 1 of the Estes Saturn V's and maybe even taking on the Apogee Saturn 1-B or Saturn V....
Might as well get a Sirius 1:64 Saturn V too. ;)

BARGeezer 08-05-2018 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulK
Might as well get a Sirius 1:64 Saturn V too. ;)

Not currently available. For some time actually.

Royatl 08-06-2018 05:38 PM

At NARAM yesterday my friend purchased a Carl (or we said Sheryl) Saturn. The main difference between a Carl/Sheryl saturn and an e-rockets Saturn is that you don't want to open a Carl/Sheryl Saturn unless you are going to build it right then, because you'll never ever get it back into the box!

LeeR 08-08-2018 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royatl
At NARAM yesterday my friend purchased a Carl (or we said Sheryl) Saturn. The main difference between a Carl/Sheryl saturn and an e-rockets Saturn is that you don't want to open a Carl/Sheryl Saturn unless you are going to build it right then, because you'll never ever get it back into the box!

That’s for sure. Stuff popped out at me like a Jack-in-the-Box. I loosely taped it closed. If I don’t build it this next year, I may just put it in a larger box.

Jerry Irvine 08-19-2018 05:41 PM

I just returned from NARAM-60 Pueblo, CO. Great time and nice people. Saw some old farts I got started with. The Saturn 1B offer has been well accepted. I am running a couple ads in Sport Rocketry to get the word out. I still estimate about a 1 year supply or so.

Order U.S. Rockets kits at the same time to save shipping.

I did interviews with the illumaniti of model rocketry at NARAM Pueblo and I plan to offer it thru NARTS for the first year as an overpriced fundraiser for the club we all love. Support the NAR. Buy it at the randomly selected price of $62.50 (a G motor propellant mass) half of which goes to NAR, half to production costs and ZERO profits! Once production costs are covered 100% to NAR!! Includes a DVD and a password to Vimeo for the full res 2K version. PROFESSIONALLY PRODUCED!

Jerry

Jerry Irvine 09-21-2018 02:48 PM

Semroc (eRockets) Saturn 1B sales are going well and my estimate of a year is still in place. Place your orders now please. We bill you pay on delivery.

Jerry

Jerry Irvine 11-10-2018 07:01 AM

I have received some very nice notes when ordering the Saturn 1B kits. Thank you. I still have plenty.

Jerry

sawdustdad 12-06-2018 08:06 PM

Just started building my Semroc Saturn IB last weekend. I bought the kit maybe 10 years ago. Found it during a household move, tucked away and forgotten in a file cabinet. Wow, how time flies! Anyway, it's a very nice kit. I'm installing the wraps at this point. Anybody contemplating purchase, you will not be disappointed. (No affiliation whatsoever)

Jerry Irvine 08-14-2019 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Irvine
I just returned from NARAM-60 Pueblo, CO. Great time and nice people. Saw some old farts I got started with. The Saturn 1B offer has been well accepted. I am running a couple ads in Sport Rocketry to get the word out. I still estimate about a 1 year supply or so.

Order U.S. Rockets kits at the same time to save shipping.

I did interviews with the illumaniti of model rocketry at NARAM Pueblo and I plan to offer it thru NARTS for the first year as an overpriced fundraiser for the club we all love. Support the NAR. Buy it at the randomly selected price of $62.50 (a G motor propellant mass) half of which goes to NAR, half to production costs and ZERO profits! Once production costs are covered 100% to NAR!! Includes a DVD and a password to Vimeo for the full res 2K version. PROFESSIONALLY PRODUCED!

Jerry
Bump. I still have remaining Saturn 1B's at 129.95 each, limit 4 plus $12 flat ground shipping.

Putting the finishing touches on the edit for the NARAM-60 interview video.

I really appreciate the feedback I have received over my plan to just keep it available at not crazy prices.

"Payment sent! Thanks, I really appreciate you keeping these kits affordable. The ebay vultures can really turn things into a circus. Take care!"
-Frank Thompson

Jerry

sawdustdad 08-14-2019 07:25 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I finished my Saturn IB a few months ago. Here are some pics.

Jerry Irvine 08-14-2019 05:15 PM

I always flew SV's, yet the S1B is the one I fixate on. Never built or flew one. The world needs a 24" S1B. 152/98-100mm.

nelie61 08-17-2019 07:22 PM

I sent you a PM on the 1B

Jerry Irvine 10-30-2019 02:54 PM

Sales have been going just as planned, slow and steady. I expect to have supply for months to come.

OOP eRockets Semroc Saturn 1B's at 129.95 each, limit 4 plus $12 flat ground shipping.

Jerry

ratchetman 10-30-2019 03:54 PM

Quote:
Sales have been going just as planned, slow and steady. I expect to have supply for months to come.

OOP eRockets Semroc Saturn 1B's at 129.95 each, limit 4 plus $12 flat ground shipping.

Jerry

Ugh...that's $171.03 CAD today plus what ever shipping is. It's depressing how devalued our dollar is. 😞
I recently got screwed out of a UPS shipment (was requested by USPS) and I was charged an import fee of $106 CAD based on goods valued at $180 CAD.

ratchetman 10-30-2019 04:06 PM

Sorry Jerry Irvine, I didn't mean that to sound as I was unhappy with your post, I was just venting about exchange rates.
Also, the shipping vent wasn't about you, it was someone else who had shipped to me recently.
Again, sorry to make that sound bad or seem like I aimed that you, or anyone else on the forum.

Ken

Jerry Irvine 10-30-2019 07:00 PM

Happy to ship to Canadia. There is a weight sweet spot on quantity. Send a real email to order and discuss terms. Australia is an issue as well. Also happy to be paid after delivery.

Are there Bank of America branches in Canada?

tbzep 10-30-2019 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchetman
Sorry Jerry Irvine, I didn't mean that to sound as I was unhappy with your post, I was just venting about exchange rates.
Also, the shipping vent wasn't about you, it was someone else who had shipped to me recently.
Again, sorry to make that sound bad or seem like I aimed that you, or anyone else on the forum.

Ken

I've got riding buddies in Canada and both new and used bike parts can be a pain to get at a reasonable cost. I understand your frustration.

mojo1986 10-31-2019 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchetman
Ugh...that's $171.03 CAD today plus what ever shipping is. It's depressing how devalued our dollar is. 😞
I recently got screwed out of a UPS shipment (was requested by USPS) and I was charged an import fee of $106 CAD based on goods valued at $180 CAD.

Yeah, I had to learn that through bitter experience too. NEVER allow a seller to ship to Canada by UPS.............what a rip! Before I'll do that, I'll cancel my order.

Joe

ratchetman 10-31-2019 07:49 AM

Quote:
Are there Bank of America branches in Canada?

I looked online, the only I could find on that is an office in Toronto, but no branches.
TD(Toronto Dominion) has been in the US for quite a few years now. US Headquarters are in South Carolina, with over 1200 branches throughout the US.

Jerry Irvine 11-01-2019 05:49 AM

I think Paypal is one of the lowest cost popular facilities for foreign exchange. I seem to recall researching another one for larger transactions. Maybe bitcoin or something.

Jerry Irvine 01-20-2020 07:09 PM

I still have eRockets Semroc Saturn 1B kits in stock. Limit 4 $129.95 each +$12 flat ship.

zielijo1 03-08-2020 09:59 PM

Hi, can you provide a link with more details on this kit?
Thanks
Jz

Jerry Irvine 03-09-2020 12:56 PM

All my website links are dead this month for a while. eRockets has historical Semroc Saturn 1B web page for this product at some price they are not filling. They are OOP.

I have some for sale at $129.95 each, limit 4, $12 flat ship.

Email your address to order. 01rocket@gte.net.

jeffyjeep 03-09-2020 01:02 PM

Quote:
I still have eRockets Semroc Saturn 1B kits in stock. Limit 4 $129.95 each +$12 flat ship.

Good lord! Did you start with a shipping container of them?!

LeeR 03-09-2020 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zielijo1
Hi, can you provide a link with more details on this kit?
Thanks
Jz

Here you go ... you can even download a PDF of instructions for lots of details on the kit.

http://www.semroc.com/Store/scripts...ts.asp?SKU=KS-1

Note: The Apollo plastic capsule kit from Apogee fits the Semroc.