Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Vendors (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Centuri style Launch Pads (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=17099)

77fair 02-05-2018 03:13 PM

Please note:
There are some people that don't have any extra launch rods. There are people who don't have a single launch rod. Those people will want a launch rod with the pad instead of trying to find a decent one around where they live.
The flyer on the web page was really meant for face to face sales at the launches here in Indiana and Michigan.
Now for those who do not need a launch rod, the cost varies with distance. I had an enjoyable visit at USPS, and here is what they said. "Minimum cost is 7.25. Cost to 90210 is 12.50". This is via Priority Mail. Weight is 1lb, 3oz, box is 10" x 6" x 4" if you want to use the online calculator. To repeat, this is for a launch pad without a launch rod.
Boxes are supposed to be here by Thursday. If so, orders can be filled, starting Friday. I will post if this happens.

Thanks,
David

Ltvscout 02-05-2018 03:33 PM

Will the pads sell for the same amount with or without the rod?

ghrocketman 02-05-2018 04:01 PM

I'm gonna be getting one without the rod.
Shipping should be low to Michigan....
If a LIA-100 size is going to be available I would rather have that size.

77fair 02-05-2018 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
Will the pads sell for the same amount with or without the rod?

Yes, same 25.00 price plus whatever the shipping costs are. I have to pay for the box, and tape to ship it in, which with a face to face sale is not needed. The stainless steel rod is basically scrap price due to being drops from a fabrication job, so no real cost saving there other than reduced shipping for the buyer.

Ltvscout 02-05-2018 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77fair
Yes, same 25.00 price plus whatever the shipping costs are. I have to pay for the box, and tape to ship it in, which with a face to face sale is not needed. The stainless steel rod is basically scrap price due to being drops from a fabrication job, so no real cost saving there other than reduced shipping for the buyer.

Understood, can't hurt to ask. ;)

I appreciate you offering these nice pads to my members.

BEC 02-06-2018 12:24 AM

Well, I’m at 98001 so probably the same zone as 90210 from where you are. I’m in for one (sans rod) as soon as you’re ready.

CenturiBAR 02-06-2018 06:47 AM

Count me in for one too David, no rod necessary. Let me know when you plan on being at a MR launch and I'll try to make it. I live in Nappanee, IN and work in Benton Harbor, MI so if we don't hook up at a launch maybe somewhere near you.

Happy Birthday too!

Thanks,
Carl

luke strawwalker 02-06-2018 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenturiBAR
Count me in for one too David, no rod necessary. Let me know when you plan on being at a MR launch and I'll try to make it. I live in Nappanee, IN and work in Benton Harbor, MI so if we don't hook up at a launch maybe somewhere near you.

Happy Birthday too!

Thanks,
Carl

Nappanee... wow small world. I'm up near there all the time... BIL farms over at Rochester... We get up to Nappanee as often as we can to eat that good stuff over at Das Deutschen Essenhaus...

Later! OL J R :)

Gus 02-07-2018 12:41 AM

David,

I'm up for one too, no launch rod necessary. Detroit area.

Steve

CenturiBAR 02-07-2018 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke strawwalker
Nappanee... wow small world. I'm up near there all the time... BIL farms over at Rochester... We get up to Nappanee as often as we can to eat that good stuff over at Das Deutschen Essenhaus...

Later! OL J R :)

Yeah, lots of good food around here! Any good place for summer launches around Rochester?

Best Regards,
Carl