Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Vendors (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Very sad news regarding Semroc and Carl McLawhorn (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=12829)

Sheryl@Semroc 06-01-2017 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez2cDave
Carl at one of our rocket club meetings in 2011, two years before his passing, in 2013 . . . He was a good friend and is deeply missed !

Dave Fitch

Dave, I can't thank you enough for sending me a copy of that photo. I have it on my "wall of family" and it is my most favorite photo of him. When he had his finger to his lips as he does in that photo, I knew his mind was very active. Reminds me of the statue of "The Thinker".

Thank you again,
Sheryl

Joe Wooten 06-01-2017 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheryl@Semroc
He was very involved with scouts before he got back into rocketry. He was Scoutmaster for 30+ years with over 30 scouts earning their Eagle badge. He and Bruce were very involved with the OA, both being leaders. He would tell everyone that he always hoped it would either rain or snow during campouts, that's when the boys learned valuable lessons. In 2008, after his 3rd heart attack, his doctor told him he could go camping only if a hospital was within 15 miles of the campsite. He was devastated. He stayed as Scoutmaster but didn't go on many campouts after that.

Sheryl

I was Scoutmaster of our local troop for almost 18 years. Mentored 24 Eagles, including my 4 sons. Camping was the really fun part. Winter, summer, spring, fall, it was all good. Doing Space Ex MB kept me into the rockets at the same time....

Ez2cDave 06-09-2019 05:35 PM

Sunday, August 11, 2019 will mark six years, since the premature passing of Carl McLawhorn . . .

It doesn't seem like it has been that long and I still feel the loss.

Dave F.

ghrocketman 06-09-2019 05:39 PM

Wowwww....
That 6 years sure has went by quickly...
Agree that his loss is still missed by the many in this hobby.
He contributed so much over a relatively short time.

Ez2cDave 08-12-2020 01:01 PM

SEVEN YEARS AGO TODAY . . . We Lost Carl McLawhorn

SEVEN YEARS AGO TODAY . . . We Lost Carl McLawhorn.

Rest In Peace, my friend !

Dave F.

A Fish Named Wallyum 08-12-2020 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez2cDave
SEVEN YEARS AGO TODAY . . . We Lost Carl McLawhorn.

Rest In Peace, my friend !

Dave F.

I remember it being just after the NARAM outside of Cleveland. I introduced my brother in law to him and we chatted for a while after making our purchases. As we were walking away, Tony asked if that was really the SEMROC guy. I told him it was. He said "Wow, it was just like talking to a normal guy." Carl in a nutshell.

ghrocketman 08-12-2020 02:20 PM

Hard to believe it has been 7 years.
He was the true "Gold Standard" of the hobby industry to the umpteenth power.
Missed for sure. God speed, Carl !

Earl 08-12-2020 03:51 PM

Yes, it really is hard to believe the time that has passed since then. I still remember the shock I felt when I read those posts here with the news of his passing early that eve at home (I had been at work all day and unable to check the forum there). I recall typing my initial reaction post to this forum through tear filled eyes; I could hardly see what I was typing.

Continued prayers and support for Sheryl on this occasion too. As I have said several times in the past, though our shock and sadness was/is great at loosing Carl, I am sure that pales to what Sheryl has gone through the last seven years.

Earl

snaquin 08-12-2020 04:38 PM

I thought about Carl and Sheryl yesterday. I found my folder with every packing slip from every order that I ever placed with Semroc. The special tube cuts they never charged for and all the extra things they did for me on special orders.

Carl is sadly missed. +1 to what everyone posted here about Carl today and I still pray for Sheryl too.

Tau Zero 08-12-2020 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaquin
I thought about Carl and Sheryl yesterday. I found my folder with every packing slip from every order that I ever placed with Semroc. The special tube cuts they never charged for and all the extra things they did for me on special orders.

Carl is sadly missed. +1 to what everyone posted here about Carl today and I still pray for Sheryl too.
Same here. :(