Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Vendors (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   AeroTech RMS-18/20 Question (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=5124)

Garoq 04-18-2009 01:00 PM

AeroTech RMS-18/20 Question

Any interest in AeroTech bringing back the 'B' and 'C' reloads for the RMS-18/20 case?

ghrocketman 04-18-2009 01:05 PM

Actually I would be very interested in them, especially the "C" which I presume would be a full 10n-sec C.
Even better than the B or C would be the "baby E" you used to offer.
That one would be great in high-drag 18mm model rockets such as the Estes Space Shuttle and the Semroc Mars Lander.
Any chance for that "baby E" making a comeback ???

Pyro Pro 04-18-2009 01:10 PM

I'd love to see choices in the 18mm range, so I'm definitely be interested in the smaller reloads. B and C composites would be great for demo flights too, providing a bit more than the typical blackpowder *whoosh*. High thrust or longer-burning motors, if they could be made, would be great for gliders or general competition events.

Garoq 04-18-2009 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Actually I would be very interested in them, especially the "C" which I presume would be a full 10n-sec C.
Even better than the B or C would be the "baby E" you used to offer.
That one would be great in high-drag 18mm model rockets such as the Estes Space Shuttle and the Semroc Mars Lander.
Any chance for that "baby E" making a comeback ???

I assume you mean the E27T? Why not!

mperdue 04-18-2009 01:30 PM

Yes! I'd love to have a better selection of 18mm reloads.

Mario

Garoq 04-18-2009 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro Pro
I'd love to see choices in the 18mm range, so I'm definitely be interested in the smaller reloads. B and C composites would be great for demo flights too, providing a bit more than the typical blackpowder *whoosh*. High thrust or longer-burning motors, if they could be made, would be great for gliders or general competition events.

It's possible that an endburning 'D' could be produced in booster and one time delay variations.

Rocketflyer 04-18-2009 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garoq
Any interest in AeroTech bringing back the 'B' and 'C' reloads for the RMS-18/20 case?

Oh for sure! I just got my first 18mm reload case and some "D" reloads. Some "B's"& "C's" would be great. 18mm E's? Nice! :D

shockwaveriderz 04-18-2009 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garoq
It's possible that an endburning 'D' could be produced in booster and one time delay variations.

Go for i t Gary!. I would love to see BC reloads. BCD Endburners would be fantastic.

as would B14 or C15.

terry dean

luke strawwalker 04-18-2009 02:09 PM

Oh, DEFINITELY! With the price of BP motors going up, the composites only get more and more competitive. The composites performance would be out of the ball park compared to BP as well...

It'd be nice to see somewhat of a 'wider spread' in performance; bring back some of the 'old performance' type motors that have gone by the wayside, IE C5's (longer burn) and B14 type motors (high thrust) in composites... the premium on composites would help pay production and development... heck even if they sold at a premium above 'normal' C-D-E 18mm composites, I'm sure there would be folks who'd buy them...

I'd say 'go for it'... it would help bring more folks into the composite fold and be a good introduction to moving up the power ladder from there... :)

Good luck! OL JR :)

hotrod lincoln 04-18-2009 02:34 PM

Yes , yes and yes!

More loads for the 18mm case would be great for all the above mentioned reasons!

. :D

Man I love rocketry right now!