Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Plans & Publications (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Alpha (?) decal scan (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=1507)

The_Forgotten 02-27-2007 04:58 PM

Alpha (?) decal scan

Hey all:

I was wondering if anyone has a copy of the decals for the estes alpha? Specifically, I'm looking for the decals that feature a red, white and blue motif, but I'm not sure which run of Alpha's used them... :confused: I've been into MPR and HPR for a while now, and so I'm looking to upscale an estes alpha, and would like to do it in the red, white, and blue theme.

Thanks In Advance!

barone 02-27-2007 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Forgotten
Hey all:

I was wondering if anyone has a copy of the decals for the estes alpha? Specifically, I'm looking for the decals that feature a red, white and blue motif, but I'm not sure which run of Alpha's used them... :confused: I've been into MPR and HPR for a while now, and so I'm looking to upscale an estes alpha, and would like to do it in the red, white, and blue theme.

Thanks In Advance!
I believe Fred (Excelsior) is the resident Alpha expert..... ;)

A Fish Named Wallyum 02-27-2007 08:00 PM

Quote:
Hey all:

Thanks In Advance!

I do! I do!
How do you want them? I've also got the red, white and black version.

The_Forgotten 02-27-2007 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
I do! I do!
How do you want them? I've also got the red, white and black version.

You 'da man Fish!! Hmm, now I'm not sure if I want the red, white and blue, or the red, white and black version... Would it be possible for you to send them both to me as a jpg?

If I could bother you to do so, send them to travis(at)madbbs(dot)com (remove the () and replace with proper symbols...

Thanks a bunch! I'll try and post pics when I get it done. :)

Thanks again,

Travis

A Fish Named Wallyum 02-27-2007 09:08 PM

Quote:
You 'da man Fish!! Hmm, now I'm not sure if I want the red, white and blue, or the red, white and black version... Would it be possible for you to send them both to me as a jpg?

If I could bother you to do so, send them to travis(at)madbbs(dot)com (remove the () and replace with proper symbols...

Thanks a bunch! I'll try and post pics when I get it done. :)

Thanks again,

Travis

Yeah, I can send them both. They're in the same envelope, and since I just had them out this weekend, I actually know where they are. I'll scan them and get them out in the early AM when I get home.

The_Forgotten 02-27-2007 09:12 PM

You are awesome!

Thanks Wally! :)

The_Forgotten 02-28-2007 09:50 AM

got the scans just now Bill, and those will work great! Thanks so much! :)

Green Dragon 02-28-2007 05:12 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I can send them both. They're in the same envelope, and since I just had them out this weekend, I actually know where they are. I'll scan them and get them out in the early AM when I get home.

Bill,

If you have those out / scanned - can you send a copy of the red/ black version to Scott for YORP ?

I do not believe that version ( only used for a very short time before the switch to red,white,blue) was used very long - and also do not recall seeing it posted online anyplace.

~ AL

A Fish Named Wallyum 02-28-2007 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Dragon
Bill,

If you have those out / scanned - can you send a copy of the red/ black version to Scott for YORP ?

I do not believe that version ( only used for a very short time before the switch to red,white,blue) was used very long - and also do not recall seeing it posted online anyplace.

~ AL

Sure, not a problem.
Scott, do you have a place for them?

Ltvscout 02-28-2007 06:31 PM

Quote:
Sure, not a problem.
Scott, do you have a place for them?

Just attach both of them to scotth at execpc dot com. Thanks!

Royatl 02-28-2007 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Dragon
Bill,

~ AL

The red/black version was around for about 10 years. they switched to the yukky blue version in 93/94 or so.

CPMcGraw 02-28-2007 11:38 PM

Travis,

I realize you're looking for the "official" Alpha scan, but I've got an Alpha decal image on BARCLONE that is "almost but not quite entirely different" to that version. I worked this one up as my first decal printing; the model looks like something Estes could have produced way back when...

Here's the link: ALPHA

Paint scheme is white overall, with red nose and one black fin...