Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Plans & Publications (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Wanted: Scans Of The Estes Cherokee-D (K-47/1247) Instructions, Fins, Decals (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=18416)

K'Tesh 04-03-2020 12:55 AM

Wanted: Scans Of The Estes Cherokee-D (K-47/1247) Instructions, Fins, Decals

I've obtained instructions for the two-part, die-cut finned Cherokee-D (w/the short body tube, and balsa nosecone) (source Estes' instructions site ), as well as the instructions that have the one-part, die-cut finned Cherokee-D (with the short tube and balsa nosecone)(Source: JimZ's site). I've also obtained a set of instructions (and a physical sample) that has the D12-5, D12-7 recommended motors.

Late in production, the D11-9 motor was added to that list of recommended motors. I'm not certain if the instructions or facecard were ever updated to reflect that change, if you have a set that reflects this change, I'd appreciate scans of them.

I'm looking for an actual scan of the early Estes Cherokee-D decals that have the old, pre-Damon era logo with a ruler for scale.

It's clear that the Cherokee-D did come with the old logo early in production, while the kit still had the BT-55V (16.35") body tube. Catalog photos suggest that they may have even made it into the kits with the longer BT-55 (18") body tube (the catalog photo was never updated after 1973).

Here's a scan of the die-cut, single-piece fins with a ruler, and the decals that have the Damon era logo.

Thanks!

tbzep 04-03-2020 09:44 AM

I just used an old Estes logo and photo shopped it in place of the Estes/Damon era logo when I built my first Cherokee-D clone and Gooney Cherokee-D clone. More recently I used the regular Damon era decal because I lost the photo shopped files and I didn't feel like fooling with it again.

K'Tesh 04-03-2020 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
I just used an old Estes logo and photo shopped it in place of the Estes/Damon era logo when I built my first Cherokee-D clone and Gooney Cherokee-D clone. More recently I used the regular Damon era decal because I lost the photo shopped files and I didn't feel like fooling with it again.

That's one possibility, and I might be forced to use it. Still, I'd rather to find an original to work from... That way we can be sure that the history is preserved.

Ez2cDave 04-04-2020 01:26 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here is the old Estes logo . . . In a few different iterations

PDF's below . . . ENJOY !

Dave F.

MarkB. 04-04-2020 03:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
OK,

So I have a partial hang tag with the pre-Damon logos on decal on the rocket in the picture and the Damon logo in the upper corner. The decals had the Damon logo and the short body tube with balsa nose cone. The hang tag has a 1971 date on the back.

Edit: Attached are scans

Ez2cDave 04-04-2020 06:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This may be helpful . . .

Dave F.