View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 08:28 AM
Old School

Thumbs up Cheese Grater

[QUOTE=CPMcGraw]To inaugurate this thread with the first new plan we have the Say Cheese, which as the name implies, is a Camera Ship. It has been trimmed to reach 800' consistently on a D12-5, and is intended to fly the Aiptek Mini Pen like TBZEP uses in his modified Stormcaster.

QUOTE]
Nice looking bird ! I will be building another camera ship pretty soon. I had been using a scratchbuilt BT60 IRIS for my Oracle camera until about two weeks ago when my shock cord and the Kevlar separated at ejection. (yes, I know, glue those knots!) I built it with 24mm mount for D & E engines with 3/32 TTW ply fins. With the IRIS nosecone and "E" engines the CG was a bit aft, requiring ballast. The Oracle camera moved things up to about 1 calibre stability. I was getting about 800' ft with a D12-5, which was what I was using the day of the ill-fated launch. The video camera parachuted to safety, booster continued on a beautiful ballistic decent with the sun glinting off it's fins teminating with a sickening "pop" as it was eaten by a tree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n_IiVa1UEk

Again, glue those knots!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  StevenGregory.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  171.1 KB  
NAR#13865