Thread: 1/10 Ute
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 09:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkB.
Comrade High-Viz!

That second .pdf was awesome! Real, live scale data with measurements and diagrams and stuff ! I'll go back and refine my plans for the next one, as the one I have already started is a little too far along.

Now I understand; the Ute and Paiute (which should really be 3.14x larger than a regular Ute) are based on the Genie nuclear rocket from a Delta Dart weapon bay. And it seems like they launched at least a few. I hope Peter Alway sees this so they can be in his new book.

I have some more pictures for my build that I'll post later this evening.

Mark,

I have always believed that data exists to be shared. "Back in the day" ( 45-50 years ago ), data was selfishly hoarded and almost never shared. A few people started changing that trend, Don Larson, to name one, Peter Alway, to name another !

There are still many scale modelers who refuse to share their data, especially for more unusual prototypes . . . If you're the only one with the data, it "gives you an edge" in competition, obviously.

But, I say that we need to "grow the Hobby" and to grow interest in Scale Modeling . . . We need to re-kindle the "fires" that excite and motivate rocketeers !

BTW - I'm a huge fan of the Nike-Tomahawk and many other Sounding Rockets. The last two photographs are of the original data, for Nike-Tomahawk 18.26 IA, that Don Larson gave to me, back in 2004. It's over 5" thick and includes original blueprints, photographs, and much more !

Dave F.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  LARSON-1.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  1.22 MB  Click image for larger version

Name:  LARSON-2.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  1.22 MB  Click image for larger version

Name:  NASA Photo W-66-271 -CROP.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  84.0 KB  Click image for larger version