View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 08:45 AM
Rockets & BP= Happy, Happy, Happy

I saw this thread the other day when I was researching the OOP Skywinder model rocket.
I was interested in the Skywinder because I had one years ago. I have now idea what became of it, but I digress...

The reason why I decided to post here and revive an old thread is because, I am currently building an Estes Venus Probe, and it dawned on me that the small body tube used in this kit is a thick walled body tube just like the Skywinder has, only this tube is a few inches longer than the Skywinder body tube.

I believe Estes designates them as heavy wall tubes. A quick look at Estes parts numbers would make one draw this conclusion.

Skywinder
HBT-20

Venus Probe
HBT-760

I'm pretty sure the two tubes are identical except for length. Someone else may be able to double check this. I can not say for certain, because I do not have a Skywinder in my possession at the moment.

I just thought I'd at least put this information out there in case someone was really desperate to get their Skywinder flying again they will be armed with the knowledge that they could potentially cannibalize a Venus Probe kit to do it.