Thread: U.S. Rockets
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2020, 10:39 AM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ

There is some traffic on TRF referring to YORF threads about U.S. Rockets site being offline. Of course they have rampant unchecked speculation and accusations as usual. So let me clarify a couple things.

I initially took my sites down in response to a security issue. I elected to change web accounts entirely to assure that since my websites have turned out to be a national treasure resource according to feedback. I do intend to restore the websites.

I also have been having difficulty because the CV-19 event has altered the business practices of some of my vendors. It seems likely I will have to do a manual restore when I am ready and at that point I will ask folks to look for dead links and post URL's to this or another thread raising the issue.

I strongly appreciate the vast interest in my website, and even far more strongly off YORF. I will restore.

I am preparing a new inventory list for end users to know what actually exists for immediate shipment. We still can make other kits, but the lead time grew from about a week or two to over a month because of the original security breach.

I have had about 8 security breaches over the years. They seem targeted to try to put me out of business, not steal stuff for profit or to pawn stuff. That malicious intent is noted.

So look to YORF for any original reporting by me. Feel free to repost to TRF, but my observation is that is a waste of time. I log what people say on TRF, "I want this and that kit", and they never order. They have a perpetual virtual build pile. At least YORF folks have an ACTUAL build pile they are ignoring!

Thanks for all.

Just Jerry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 8.20.14 AM.png
Views: 88
Size:  1.69 MB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 8.20.25 AM.png
Views: 77
Size:  1.23 MB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 8.20.39 AM.png
Views: 100