View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 08:08 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Thanks, Steve. I looked through the catalogs on Ninfinger last night and found a couple that were close to what I was looking for, but they seemed to be just a little off. I never considered the possibility that it was originally a two-stager. The lightweight nose cone would definitely seem to point to a CMR bird, and was something I meant to mention in the description. It's very light and connected to the shock cord by a string through the bottom of the cone.

I just noticed Scott has the plans for it you may be able to compare with some of the dimensions here

http://www.oldrocketplans.com/cmr/cmrC2/cmrC2.htm

The bottom stage was 3" so that would put your upper stage length about where you referenced.

I had the ELO and the EFFY too. CMR used that fin design a lot but the nose cones in CMR kits were quite unique in design and shape. I botched a couple using too much glue they were so thin they would melt when joining the shoulder to the cone. I have a picture of the upper stage of my ELO in an old pic from 1978.

Nice find by the way ..... although I'd be inclined to snap the fins off and glue them on straight!

Attached Files
File Type: pdf 01Rockets in closet 1978.pdf (95.5 KB, 100 views)
SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates