View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 03:36 AM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymrmissile
Hi-i see this post is about a week old, but i just saw it. I have a '71 CMR catalog in my lap now. This kit looks a lot like several of the kits you mentioned-except the catalog says they come with "pre formed PLASTIC fins". The shape of the fins favor the Rapier, but the BT dia is .890 " and are even with the bottom of the tube. The Effy has much broader fins than the one in your pics. Hope this helps (some), let me kno-i have many later versions of the catalogs & will look if needed. dan. oh-"pop" lugs were optional, not part of the kit. The 2 stage "HYPER" had plastic fins too-that go to bottom of tube also, and see none with spin fins.

I checked both CMR catalogs at Ninfinger and the Effy was the only one that sounded close. I'm thinking that the spin fin setup might have just been something that this guy did to see if it worked, being a science teacher and all. I've never seen another CMR kit, so I'm just going on guesses. If you have any other possibilities, by all means let me know.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper