View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 03:56 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymrmissile
I've gotten interested in this...just looked thru all my CMR catalogs, goin back to 1970. I Cannot find this kit listed as it is anywhere. I dont like to draw coclustions, as that ends the issues at hand for good. The best I can come up with is, the kit Favors the EFFY, most. Again, except for the fins being upwards from the end of BT. , I also can add, this must have been done by builder at his own choice, maybe it was modified for some reason in his way of thinking. Plus being canted. The other issue is the chrome tape around the tube. This Was offered in sheets by CMR, so dont know if strips were added to any kits. Fineally, take some nice calipers and measure the OD of body tube. Make sure its .736 (EFFY), or is it .766 (HYPER), or .890 (RAPIER) ? I doubt its the RAPIER, as it used the FSI 21mm engines. In any case, looks like one for the display case.! I'd keep it that way, but that's me...danny. ps-CMR made a Foxmitter 3 transmitter which offered a "Spin Rate Sensor Kit",,,maybe were getting closer...???!-but--Effy came with a Parachute...../// (some) CMR Streamers were chrome MYLAR,,, in 2", 4" & 6" wide-what type is yours ??? Is the shock cord rubber ?/// There were some pre cut plywood fins too,.../// cant find the words "sound barrier backup" ANYwhere...

The shock cord was rubber and the streamer is crepe. He put little notes on all of the rockets I bought, so I wouldn't think that "sound barrier backup" would be anything more than some kind of note to himself. One thing I can add is that the cone was obviously a two-piece, and built very light. There is a string that goes into the bottom of the cone through a small hole right in the middle of the base. Fins are pre-cut pluwood.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Groonie Der V 1/2