View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 02:12 PM
Launching since 1970.

Your time frame is off as far as mass merchandiser retailers are concerned.

Summer items were closed out starting a month ago to make way for the back-to-school (started to show up after July 4) and the fall and winter clothes as well as Halloween/T-Giving.

Christmas items will appear anywhere from now to just after Labor Day and will remain until Christmas is over and the January "reset" of the modular shelving units occurs.

Wal-Mart has had many toy changes over the years with different head buyers imposing different philosophies. Usually it is based upon current market conditions and projections of consumer spending patterns as well as performance of current product on the shelf.

In the past, rocketry was carried year round and only items that the manufacturer was dropping got "clearanced" right up until the new buyer decided to drop rocketry and other hobby items.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman
Just keep an eye opened for close outs!

Wally World is famous for dirt cheep closeout pricing to make room for the winter stuff!

And don't worry if you buy too many...rockets will store nicely until spring without going bad.

Wait...what am I saying there is no such thing as "too many" when it comes to rockets.

Although I did come real close when I bought out Commonwealth.