View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 01:03 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
Steve-

Thanks for the photo. They are definitely two Centuri pads, but it is hard to tell exactly what size they are. Like you say, could be two LIA-77s.

Don't go through any heroics, but if you do manage to reach the range box and can check, that would verify it for sure.

I still have my all-metal FSI pad I got back in the late 80s when I was first getting into high power, but we later built some larger custom stainless pads for 3/8 and half inch rods, so the FSI pad went unused after that. It was a sturdy one also. I have recently picked up a few old FSI kits (including a couple of the Black Brants), so I will need to dig that FSI pad out when I finally get around to building and flying one of those. I was always impressed by that Black Brant liftoff photo in the old FSI catalogs that I first got back in the latter 70s.

Earl

I still have my LP-2 3/16" and LP-2B 1/4" FSI metal pads. They are in storage at my friends house along with my EC102 launch controller. That controller was a trip. With an FSI electric match as soon as you plugged the cable into the hand held part of the controller the electric match would ignite immediately without pushing the button! I seem to remember a warning in the electric match kit about that ...

I will see if I can get that box pulled down from the attic this weekend and see what't in it. It's been in storage for 7 - 8 years since my last move but I do remember keeping all my blast deflectors in that box.

I also liked the fact that with the legs folded in that both my pads could also be transported inside the box, the smaller metal pad settled inside the legs of the larger pad.

SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates