View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 02:00 PM
That 70's Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegrass Rocket
I saved the attached photo from the Ebay auction a while back, maybe it will help.

I started getting the parts together to clone this after I saw the auction on ebay, I thought is was cool looking. Decals were a problem, but then I saw this thread. I thought I'd try to redraw the decal from the image you posted and combining elements from other decals. It's not done, and I still need to tweak the length of the bands. I know there is no way my drawing is accurate, but it's going to be close enough for me unless someone can get scans of the real decals. I also think the Enerjet Nike-Smoke (KE-3) Decal on YORP for the "United States" is the right style, but maybe too small at 4.5" long??? Assuming the Athena directions stating the large stripes are 6.5" long is correct.

I don't want to represent the attached image as a clone or copy of the Athena decal, it is my interpretation of the decal from the image Bluegrass Rocket posted. And is NOT final, it's low res, not tested, the stripes are not 100% on size, and I'm not sure of some of the elements above the "United States" graphic. I'm fairly sure of the word Payload, I'm unsure of the USA and very unsure of the "Vent", total guesses. Correct sizing aside, I'm looking for feedback on what I've done so far.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  AthenaDecalRedraw100DPI.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  94.5 KB  

"You know, it, uh, won't fly unless somebody pushes the button." From the movie October Sky.

I am SAM # 0167
NAR 98303 Southwestern Ohio Rocketry Association (SORA) #624
https://www.rocketryohio.com