View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 10:09 PM
Contest, Sport, it's all good......

The auction was odd in some ways. Not as many changes the last few days as I often see. And not much sniping.

Although Patrick Peterson told me he put in a last-monent snipe bid on the Stingray-III for over $300, that did not make it. He said there was 20 seconds left. I personally don't wait that close when i'm doing a late bid, for that very reason.

A bit of underperfomers, like the Sweet Vee, and I was a bit surprised there wasn't more interest in the Silver Comet. I didn't expect a big amount, but $28 seems ow (my own fault for dropping it from $30 to 25, but indeed I was willing to let it go for $25. I try to come up with reasonable minimum bids). Even the Stingray-III was an underperformer, the last ones sold for $250-300 around 20 years ago, and I got over $300 for a Cuda last fall, which is nowhere near as good or rare as a Stingray.

The Nomad, for an opened kit, yeah, that was weird to go for that much. Crazier was the Interceptor E, the best price of anything except the Stingray-III. $161.50. It's not THAT rare. And I thought I got a nice price for one I auctioned last fall for about $80. Definitely big-time sniping going on there by two people, was still $69 till 4 minutes before the auction ended, ]that the other person kept trying to beat with multiple incremental bids until they gave up 2 minutes before the auction ended. Well, those helped make up for the underperformers.

So, overall, I'm happy with the total. And, everyone has paid.
Georges'CancerGoFundMe:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-geo...ay-fight-cancer