View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 09:51 PM
7/21/61

Default Walmart Clearance Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus, 11/17/07
So yesterday I went to my local Walmart and they have more rockets in stock than they had all summer.

Go figure.

Mostly RTFs and Starter Sets but lots of the variety packs of motors (the shelf display which sells C6-3s, C6-5s, and A8-3s). There were 3 launchables kits, one of which was a Space Ship One, which they haven't had for at least 6 - 8 months. Where that one came from I have no idea. Maybe it had something to do with my comment about how they could sell a gross of them if they had them.

Sometimes it's hard to understand how Walmart became the nation's biggest retailer.

Today I went to the same Walmart and the rocketry section was jammed to the gills. Twice as much stuff as they had in November with tons of Launchables kits including lots of Spaceship Ones and Bull Pups.

And most of it was on clearance ? ! ? ! ?

Launchables kits for $7. Starter sets and RTFs also on clearance. Motors at regular price, though.

They didn't have the stuff when people would have used it, during the summer. Now they have plenty of it and they're offering it at clearance prices to get rid of it.

Again, sometimes it's REALLY hard to understand how Walmart became the nation's biggest retailer.

But if you want some cheap kits, apparently now's the season.