View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 01:27 PM
Vintage Estes Rockets

Hi Everyone!

Just a quick update to let you all know a few things . . .

The development of the site is going well. On average, we're getting 5,000 views per week, with 750-1000 being unique visitors. Clearly, the collecting world likes what is being presented here. I continue to add to the K-Kit Registry, as well as the promotional link on the front page at least twice per week. The site now contains over 300 pages!

I've reached out to Vern as well as Bill Simon with positive results. Vern sent me some really swell pics that I'll be adding toward end of summer when I'm completed with phase II of the work. I sent Vern an Estes mug with the old logo, and he will receive it today. I'm sure he will be tickled when it arrives.

I've begun to liquidate all my skill level kits to focus on my K-Kit collection. I have about 300 K-Kits, and have narrowed my scope to reflect my goal of building the site to the #1 resource for vintage Estes K-Kit research. If you buy kits on Ebay, keep an eye out for kits I'll be listing in the very near future. Here's the first of many items I'll be listing:

Vintage K-Kit Rocket Plans/ Facecards

Once again, thank you for all the positive messages and feedback. I knew that collecting K-Kits was a popular activity, but I never realized how many people were hungry for this information. I will continue to devote my time and expertise to complete this work over the next few years. My goal at that time will be to publish the first hard copy identification guide for these beloved kits.

My best to all of you,

Eric

=======================================