Originally Posted by Green Dragon
Astro Dynamics - ANY

Pro- Jet / Composite Dynamics - Starfire

Stargate - Aero-Ram

ACE - Fugue , ALLEGRO LARGO ( desperate for this one , Lucerne
Special , ? Squid

~ AL Swackhammer
Tripoli 090

Hey Al. There is an Astro Dynamics ad on the back of a CRm in I think June of 82 or 83 from which you can gleen some info. I don't have much.

On the CD Starfire, is that the backward fin rocket or the BT-9 minimum diameter one? If the former, there is an ad showing it for CD t-shirts in CRm I forget the date, and it was a BT-70HD 17.5 inches long and the foam ogive 2.5:1 nose cone. I can post a NC photo if you don't already have that.

Stargate got its start from the parts rubble of CD so that tube is also BT-70HD (almost exact USR BT-22 modern tube), and they ran an ad for that rocket in CRm so you ought to be able to get fin sizes and shapes by measuring photos or drawings and scaling to known part dimensions like tube OD 2.25" for example.

The Ace Fugue is a BT-23 and is 34" long with a 6" base shroud to BT-11 and a 5:1 handmade redwood nose cone. The Pinnacle cones are close but the tube diameters are not. The fins are triangular with the rear trailing edge convex curved a bit (90 degrees at each intersection). There may be photos in early CRm's.

The Squid is easy to duplicate because it uses an Estes PNC-80 (alpha) and a BT-80-34 HD and 8 18" x 1/4" dowels and there are good photos to replicate it.

http://www.v-serv.com/crp/CRm/4-83/CRm.4-83.26.w.gif

The Allegro Largo I seem to recall used 4x BT-18 to a single BT-39. The BT-18's would be 34" again, two BT-39's at 34" and a 16" handmade 2x2" redwood core, balsa exterior nose cone. Thus a redwood tip.

I think it used scaled up Fugue fins ala the Chromatic Fantasy.

BT-39 is 3.90" ID x 050 wall
BT-23 is 2.34" one or the other 050 wall
BT-18 is 1.80" ID x 050 wall
BT-70HD is 2.175" ID and 040 wall
BT-80HD is I forget the ID and 040 wall

http://www.v-serv.com/crp/CRm

Jerry

TRA 012 blackballed by the same guy that blackballed Scott Dixon and others. TRA refuses to apologize, and they are wrong to do so.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  chromatic.png
Views: 125
Size:  16.7 KB