View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 10:03 AM
Old Far...er...Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
A few thoughts:

1. No A10-0T's nor A8-0's (If I had to settle for one or the other, I'd take some A10-0T's.)

2. The flow of the catalog is wavy. It starts out with classics, then launch sets, then RTF birds followed by skill level 1 kits. So far, so good. But then it goes back to more launch sets, then more RTF rockets, then a run of E2X kits, then back to skill level 1. After that, it logically ramps up to skill level 2 and then 3. The meandering in the middle is a little confusing. In my mind, they should have kept things grouped. It's not a huge deal, but that's what struck me while I was perusing it. I thought I had somehow flipped back some pages when I came upon the RTF birds for the second time, and felt a tad confused.

<editorial>3. The seemingly over-abundant supply of E2X kits is a little disconcerting. </editorial>

4. I see the turd Mongoose is back along with its self-destructing, ballistic recovery booster section. I know it uses the E2X plastic fin unit which dictates the fins be placed on the aft end of the booster, but that makes it stable. They need to find another way of doing it so that the fins are farther forward making the booster unstable for tumble recovery. It's not a sin for something bad to come to market, but it's a sin for it to keep coming back with the same old warts.

Doug

YORF member #11