Thread: Narcon 2020
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2020, 08:52 AM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ

Looking at the NARCON Manufacturer's forum I see alot of familiar names. Gary Rosenfield, Dane Boles, Tim VanMilligan, Matt Steele. I see interesting new incremental products and by interesting I mean very interesting.

What I do not see are revolutionary changes. We (U.S. Rockets) brought you LMR, HPR, single snap ring Reloadables 1-90, leakless-greaseless reloadables 1993, Firestarter with considerable resistance, and now something revolutionary. Pause for future news.

I think NARCON is a small event serving a larger audience of under 7000 members. Estes addresses an audience of undisclosed size but roughly in the million or less range.

I for one would like to see consumer rockets of the largest possible size in the hands of 3m+ people. <1% of the population.

FAA exempt is 3.3 lbs liftoff and 125g propellant. I propose NAR take my lead yet again and expand the definition of the model rocket (LMR) to no liftoff mass limit and propellant FAA exempt up to 1KG. Approximately 484 lb-sec or 2150 N-s (a K).

The last NAR leaders to pick up this ball were Pat Miller and Trip Barber.

Just Jerry

The attachment is 13 years old. It's time. Now.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FAA-2007-27390-0037.pdf (653.1 KB, 27 views)