View Single Post
Old 12-11-2022, 01:12 PM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

I've got a SpaceX Falcon 9 with Dragon Crew capsule from Boyce Aerospace. Yes, you have to buy some of the parts separately, but the 3D printed parts are really good quality. Layer lines are so tight I didn't even bother to sand them (as recommended). And the cost maybe half that of the Estes one (after getting additional parts). It's not RTF, you have to build and finish it so it meets the requirements most of us want from a model rocket (build and finish/detail). I flew it for the first time last month. I'm going to be flying it more often. Satisfies another requirement (fly it).

With that said, I pulled the trigger and bought the Estes RTF version (using the 10% off coupon that was so graciously provided by a fellow YORFer). No, I'm not going to fly it. My 1/89th scale from Boyce fills that niche perfectly. I probably won't even open it. I bought it because I know that in 5 years I'll be kicking myself in the butt for NOT buying it when I had the chance. And now, my collection of 1/100 scale manned space flight vehicles continues. Unfortunately, Artemis is a 1/200 scale. But I've got one that I can use to build 1/100 scale. Anyone know whereI can get 1/100 space shuttle system.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Rockets 11-19-22 (27) - frame at 0m3s.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  155.2 KB