View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 06:50 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
I have an original FSI Dart and am cloning a sacrificial Dart to fly on a Estes E9 or E12, and I'd like to build a booster to go with both. Does anyone have a booster that they could measure know of someplace that has the specs? Short of that, I'm planning to fake it.

Bill,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you with this ... hope I didn't delay your build any

It seems that since I got an iPad for Christmas I don't seem to be turning on my PC at home much anymore and haven't been much in the RockSim program lately.

I found three old files on my PC ... two I last saved on 5/10/2005 and the most recent using SEMROC equivalent tubing I last saved on 1/4/2009. It's been a while since I've cloned one of these but certainly looking forward to the new Estes motors to revisit the designs.

The booster length I used for the one that I posted pictures of in this thread I have a note in my RockSim file that for the SEMROC ST-7100 tube I used for the booster I cut to 6.10" long (just a little over the 150mm that Chas mentioned in his post). I made the motor mount tube that I centered inside the ST-7100 just a little longer than that so I could round a little on the front side between the inner motor mount tube and the outer ST-7100 with glue to create the rounded end that FSI used on the Thruster F100-0 motors. You can see this if you look close at the pictures. I built it up with a small bead of epoxy. Come to think of it epoxy clay would probably work well to form that.

I remember the Dart you picked up. I saw that on eBay. Isn't that the one that came from the teachers collection at a school or something?

SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates