View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 10:06 AM
Junior Rocketeer

Hello all.....I'm new to the forum and would like to introduce myself....

In mid 1991 I was recruited to redesign Larry Renger's AstroBlaster Rocket Boosted R/C Glider and to engineer the kit for Estes Industries in Penrose Colorado.
After the completion of that commission, I was offered a job with Estes to design winged products and I left my Southern California industrial model building business to relocated to Colorado Springs.

I worked for Estes from early 1992 to early 2000 when I left to devote full time to LASER ARTS, my laser cut aircraft model kit and cutting service business.
The AstroBlaster, StratoBlaster, and Sweet Vee are the three radio controlled boost gliders that I designed and engineered while at Estes.
In addition to those models, I designed many other products for Estes ranging from small catapult and rubber band powered balsa wood kits to sophisticated injection molded plastic flying models for the Cox division of Estes. I also designed various Star Wars themed rockets and glider kits as well as accessories like the updated launch pad and the building tools kit.

I am selling off my personal portfolio collection. Much of it has alreday sold, but I do have more. Some of you may be interested. If so contact me at dmeyers2@comcast.net or 719 3514114

Take care!