View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 10:43 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Send a message via AIM to NavyChief Send a message via MSN to NavyChief
Cool Legal Allegro

Steve,

Thanks for the information!!! It really helps. I will develop the rocksim file tomorrow during my lunch break. Yah, I took the measurements of the kit parts when I got home today. Yes, the MTs are 23" long with the BT being 17.5 inches long and 2.25 inches diameter. Nose cone measured about 5-5/8 inches (above the shoulder) with 2" that will be sunk in the BT when mounted.

The fins are a in the shape of a elongated right triangle with sides of 3-5/8 x 9-7/8 and 10.5 inches per side.

The header card mentioned recommended motors of 3 D12s or 3 E6s.
I will have to run some rocksim comparisons to see what would be optimum. Lord knows I wont be able to launch until late april. Oklahoma has some bad winter time weather. High winds or its always drizzling and raining.

Although I am starting to dabble in some KN/DX motor technology lately. I have been surfing Yawn's and Nakka's websites. And have actually made a new 18mm motors that ran just fine by themselves. A little more practice and I might make the jump to 24mm ones.

Again thanks for the information.

Just Jerry from the Rocketry Planet forum said to keep the paint job simple with black fins and NC and florecent orange for the BT.

Tony

I will make a post trail when I start building it.