View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 10:11 AM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag
Hi folks,
I've been restoring an old Mean Machine for a friend who built it around 1974. It had all sorts of kinks in the BT and had developed quite a curvature in the BT, as you can imagine. Plus, it's been stored in an attic for over 40 years! I ended up only being able to reuse the fins. I replaced the BTs with 2x36 BT60, plus about 12.5 inches of a BT60 to bring total length to the original 79 inches (w nose cone).
I changed out the burned up engine mount for the D's and remade a mount for Es and D's with a 10 inch long foil-lined engine tube. I used Randy's (ERockets) removable tube coupler also for easier transport. This coupler comes w a predrilled hole just for a Kevlar leader. All the recovery equipment is self-contained in the upper BT, so all one does is twist the 2 halves together ( w a piece of tape to secure) and go for launch.

Anyway, I'd like to put the Mean Machine decal on it and was wondering if anyone decided not to use theirs. I'll buy it if so!

Thanks, everyone!

Allen

I think I have one. Seems to me I picked it up in the basement this weekend and moved it from one spot to another. I'll check when I get home and get back with you.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper