View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 03:32 PM
rosko_racer

Default Custom Built Booster for the Mini Cineroc 808

I wanted to build my own booster for the camera. One of my friends suggested I build it with canted motors for a more stable, less spinning take off... I have never done a video rocket and never build a rocket with canted motors... both new territory for me. I could not find a commercially available double 18mm canted motor mount so I had to customize one. (I plan to do a separate build thread for the booster later.) The steely eyed will immediately recognize the fin profile as they are a take from the OPTIMA. BT-60 (double walled) to BT-50. I have named it the "Wind Rider" booster because it flew well even under windy contidions. I used trim monokote for the yellow, orange, and red stripes.

Had a chance to fly it with two B6-4s during my vacation in Lajas, Puerto Rico. It was very windy (15-18mph wind gusts) that day. The video from the 808 camera was great going up. Unfortunately due to the high winds the camera spinned a lot during descent... I uploaded an edited version of the video in Youtube .

After the flight the booster is now on display at my daughter's room in P.R. I brought the Cineroc 808 back with me and have started to work on a "Wind Rider" version 2 to fly on Father's Day...

I am very happy with the Cineroc video and had fun building the booster. Enjoy the pictures!

- R_R
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  011.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  473.1 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  012.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  317.3 KB  

- Raúl
NAR #88644
SAM #230