View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 11:30 PM
7/21/61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Initiator001
Hey, Steve, what's the deal?

You have Vern signing a rocket he didn't even design. Yet, when the designer of the Initiator is present on the NARAM-49 field for seven days you can't find the time to have him sign THAT model.

Bob

LOL,

Bob, I simply couldn't afford the "honararium" that Initiator guy requested for his signature.

Vern was free!

I've been really good about saving up, though, and maybe at NARAM 50 I'll finally get my Initiator signed, hopefully over a nice dinner (consider that an invitation).

As for having Vern sign something he didn't design, it was the only Estes rocket Emma had with her. If Ken is going to be at NARAM 50 we'll bring it back so he can sign it too. Emma saw the prototype picture and thought it was just too cool that that was "the real first original one before they made it into a kit."

When I explained that the Skywriter inventor was also the inventor of the Baby Bertha she built (and turned into one of Excelsior's "Love Bugs") she thought Ken must be a pretty great designer to have designed two of the rockets in her collection! I happen to agree.