View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 04:32 PM
Retromaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw

If we all knew how to make and sell rocket kits - and make a profit from it - we'd be doing it. James and I collectively have probably 600 out of the 700 plus designs posted here, but neither of us are producing kits. I can attest to this one fact: It takes more time and more discipline to create ONE set of instructions for a kit than it does to create FIFTY or ONE HUNDRED designs. Ask CenturiGuy about his experience with the instructions for the SEMROC release "Tau Zero", and he'll give you a play-by-play of the procedure...

There are other manufacturers represented here, too, and each of them can provide their own unique perspective into the business. I listen to all of them...

Amen to that....
The designing, prototyping, building and flying are the fun part.
But the instructions and beta builds....
Woof...
That is labor intensive.

Wait a second...
Did you say profit?
Are we supposed to make money in this venture???

It pays to have great folks who are willing to contribute illustrations and read over our Destruction manuals before the kits are released. Thanks Mal and Bob!
In order to lessen the drudgery of writing instructions we produce our infamous Destructions. Pretty much, it is a stream of consciousness approach liberally sprinkled with photos (still working on producing illustrations), information, tips, hints, off-beat humor and satire.
Oh, and there are a few steps on how to build the kits as well.

Build your kit, fly it and document the whole process here and anywhere else you can. Make overtures to different manufacturers. Bring attention to your creation.
P.O. Box 250760
North Little Rock AR, 72225

L1 on Pem-Tech Space Ark
at NSL2007

pem_tech (at) Yahoo (dot) com
TRF (at) pembertontechnologies (dot) com