View Single Post
Old 12-16-2019, 04:45 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeR
I love the #7240 Honest John. I built mine when they first came out. The fin beveling is a bit tedious — I spread it out over a couple weeks! I also had bought a set decals from sandman, so mine is done in medium green. It looks a bit glossy in the pictures but I did my typical gloss clear coat over flat paint, added decals, and then used matte clear. It could use a bit more flattening perhaps. I had bought two, and in the recent Estes sale, bought two more, so I have three “extras” now ...

Mini and #7240 Honest Johns. (Mini also has beveled fins. Those were almost impossible to hold onto to sand.)

Yeah, the 7240 is a good size to work with and fly. It’s one of those that ‘seems’ bigger (once you see the parts) than what it seems just reading the specs.

Your finish job looks good; I guess that is an ‘operational’ round decor, as compared to the kit face card for this kit, which I assume is maybe a test round decor. Well, I got enough of them to do both liveries, crash both, and build ‘em both again!

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970