View Single Post
Old 02-14-2022, 08:23 PM
Cardstock Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Looks interesting.
Let us know how it flies.
I would bet it would fly even better/longer with a Cox Tee Dee .020 engine on the nose for power instead of a rocket motor. The stock integral tank Tee Dee .020 runs about 4 minutes on 30% Nitromethane fuel. On 15% it would run at least 5 minutes.

Know about the .020. Many , many years (late 1960's) ago, received a Christmas present from a Grandpa.

Control Line Bright Green Pitt Special with the .020 in it.

Got sick tuning circles at very high speed:-shortened the line to see how fast it would go.

Been doing electric power models the last few years.

Subsonex:
Was able to do a download of the new design. It is a painted version on their website. Not very accurate, but enough to see major changes needed.

After looking it over, everything has changed-need a new fuselage, wings have been moved farther back, engine design is using a different jet engine. Old engine had 8-parts to make, the new one will have three. Shape of Elevons changed slightly, whole new fin added to the fuselage tail.

Decided to start with a fresh design.

The wings almost work, a slight change in the chord with removable wing panels for transport home.

More pointy at the nose, tri gear landing gear instead of old style single glider wheel with wingtip wheels. 259lb thrust engine over the old 200thrust.

All my RV-6 has to do is increase another $20,000 in value and I'm selling to buy a kit to build the full size version of this microjet!

Mike