View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 08:31 AM
Ciderwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Aren't the bulk of these old plans abandoned copyrights?

I don't think you can abandon a copyright. Lose to others, waive, give away, yes. I think it naturally falls to 'heirs and successors'. I'm quite sure that a publisher choosing not to print material doesn't make it public domain. Trademark, you are obligated to self-police and renew. Upon reflection, I know less about copyright, other than it lasting -much- longer.

I knew that the old Centuri and Estes plans had permission - maybe second hand via Carl. The topic has come up a couple times in just the 7 years I've followed YORF. People's answers to John Boren address those plans.

I didn't know about the Quest plans. I did take a look through some of the rest of the repository and found how Scott has indicated similar grants. And that not all the company collections have them.

I know that cloning from copied instructions raises at least some eyebrows - Don Magness has been quite vocal in at least one past thread.

I did not intentionally throw mud at Scott. I intentionally asked the people harshly criticizing the person referred to at the top of the threads (not questioning validity the criticism itself) to consider the -possibility- of hypocrisy.

I know that I am both faulted and fallible. I try very hard to be self aware. I do ask that of others, too.
Ad Astra Tabernamque!