View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 04:27 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Horrible decision by Estes. Since the demise of the C5-3, the C11 has been the only worthwhile C they produced.

Yeah I agree.... Kits I can get *anywhere* by *anybody*, and I usually scratchbuild most stuff anyway because the typical "3FNC" kits don't interest me at all anymore... particularly the RTF or super-easy ones...

MOTORS, OTOH, well only a few mfgs make those and the more selection we have, the better. IMHO they should have done more kits to make use of the fat C motors... for instance the Mercury Redstone kits should have been redesigned to use that motor... because they are PATHETICALLY underpowered on a regular 18mm C motor...

The E9's had some teething problems, and some would spit nozzles and go "road flare" on you from time to time, BUT, they WERE a nice motor and a good choice to have... as long as you realized that they weren't good for heavy/draggy rockets. I flew the heck out of my "Kriegsmarine long-tank V-2" (Redone Canadian Arrow) model rocket using those motors-- ALWAYS turned in a beautiful flight...

Hate to see those go. The E12's were a welcome addition, faster, harder kick off the pad for heavier/draggier rockets, BUT less "realistic flights" for the V-2 type rockets and stuff like Maniac's or stuff like that.

Later! OL J R