View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 01:42 AM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Hi, I dont have the earliest kit on your list accessible right now, the Aerobee-Hi, but I happen to have out a numbered "first edition" of the next oldest one, Vega, #53, and it does have the rounded corner borders, so the borders seem have already been changed by then, 7/20/05, when the first version of the Vega instructions were made up.

The next change to the face card I was aware of (maybe one of the last before sale of Semroc to eRockets?) was when they added the "Made in USA" "star" to the lower left corner of the large border. I believe they made this change starting with the Starfire kit, which has instructions date of 10/27/07. I think at the same they may have also changed the back of hang tag to add the "Made in USA" "star" and changed the back text layout and changed the back hang tag border from white to blue. I am not sure when, but at this same time they may have also changed the Semroc logo from white text on a black shield, to black text on a white shield with black border.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x7
I am trying to establish when Semroc switched from the square corner border on thier face cards to the rounded boarder. I have images of square borders on kits through mid 2005 and then it gets murky. Can anyone who has numbered versions of the kits below post here what Kit and number you have and if the Black borders have square or rounded corners?

KV-2 Aerobee-Hi 7/17/05
KV-25 Vega 7/20/05
KCC-1 SST Shuttle 7/25/05
KA-8 Texas Firefly 7/27/05
KLV-33 SLS Laser-X 11/23/05
KCC-4 X21 2/22/06
KS-2 Apollo Capsule 3/1/06
KV-54 Mars Lander 3/9/06
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_1317.JPG
Views: 62