View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 11:56 PM
Master Modeler

I found one set of instructions.

1) The centering rings are 1/2 inch, 4 1/2 inches and 7 1/2 inches from the aft end of the motor tube (which, itself is just a little longer....I'd have to get into another kit to say how long). This assembly is installed with the rear ring essentially flush with the aft end of the main body (3).

2) The launch lugs' aft ends are flush with the aft end of the body and 12 inches forward of it.

4) The shock cord is standard Estes 1/4 inch flat rubber. The length is not called out on the instructions. My most flown model has four feet of the stuff.

It is not entirely stock but weighs 5.90 ounces and balances approximately 25.5 inches from the tip of the nose cone. The non-stock features include the top five inches converted to a payload section with a coupler, a 1/8 inch ply disk and a screw eye using the kit coupler, a UMRS BT-60 baffle acting as the main coupler and about four feet of 100 lb. test Kevlar going from a tri-fold mount just above the baffle to the lower end of the white rubber shock cord. Three is also eight flights' worth of ejection charge residue in that number. My note on the outside of the model says it weighed 5.77 ounces when first completed.

This model turned in flights averaging just over 1600 feet over seven flights on Estes F15-8s while carrying a Jolly Logic Chute Release and an AltimeterThree while being flown at NSL last year in Alamogordo, NM. (I was working on, and achieved the Sierra Blanca Challenge at that NSL. The eighth flight was to 497 feet on a D12-5 in an Estes 29/24mm plastic motor adapter.

The fins, by the way, are TTW between the aft two centering rings, but the tabs are not that entire 4 inch span.

I may get a chance to scan the instructions tomorrow.
AMA 42160
KG7AIE