View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 07:57 PM
Craftsman

When I got my Ender 2 3D printer the first thing I did was print the 3 modifications that everyone seems to suggest; a 1mm shim for the Z axis motor, a Vrail stabilizer for the Z axis lead screw as well as a duct around the fan to cool both the extruder and parts as they are printed. You can see these last 2 mods in the first picture. Both pictures show an A-20 Demon nose cone I printed before the Titan nosecone. The A-20 nosecone is almost flawless, I used the same slicer settings and spool of filament for the Titan nosecone. Also in the pictures are 2 Centuri PNC-70 style nosecones I printed afterwards using the same slicer settings (but at a higher resolution) and filament, and they are both flawless.

Actually you can see the faceting I observed in the print of the nosecone in the thingiverse image of it. I also had a problem with the nosecap, there seems to be a gap between the bottom plate and the cup or saucer shaped top part, after placing this cap into the bottom of the nosecone the upper part that fits along the nosecone wall easily separated from the bottom half. All the images of the parts you posted to thingiverse show this same faceting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_4177.JPG
Views: 81
Size:  1.94 MB  Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_4180.JPG
Views: 78
Size:  1.63 MB  
Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055