View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 01:26 PM
Vintage Estes Rockets

Arrow New! Vintage Estes Rockets Website

Greetings!

Just wanted to take a moment to tell the YORF community of the completion of phase I of my Estes K-Kit research website, VintageEstesRockets.com

As a lifelong collector, I began contemplating putting this site together many, many years ago. Back in the early 90's I began to photograph my collection, but never took it past that point. My kits were photographed with a 1.3MP camera, which was state-of-the-art for the time. As you might suspect, I re-photographed my collection a couple of years ago with a better camera, and it was at that time I had the site's layout sketched in a notebook and began the work that is now online.

The site is comprised of items from my collection. Over the past few years I connected with Joe Warner (Mojo1986) and just recently, obtained a large amount of materials for the site. Joe's input has been very important to help with the completion of phase 1. Here's a brief overview of what the site contains, as well as what's forth coming:

PHASE 1 Completed:
  • K-Kit Registry
  • Digital scans and Photoshop cleaned face cards
  • Hang Tags
  • K-Kit Designers
  • Pre-Damon & early Damon Era Advertising
  • Some Catalogues

Phase II Underway:
  • MRN
  • Catalogues in Full
  • Parachutes
  • Acknowledgements
  • Links
  • Other related items

If you're an Estes collector, I'm certain that you will enjoy what is presented here. It's very enjoyable!

To keep up with updates and the progression of the site, visit the What's New page.

Finally, I'm interested in your feedback. If there is something that needs added or corrected, drop me an email thru the email link on the What's New page.

To the moon!

Kindly,

Eric Higgins

=======================================