View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 11:12 AM
7/21/61

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromoe
Maybe someone out there can tell us where Yitah might be these days.

Yitah is alive and well in Michigan and has been busy building a family of incredibly cute kids. He was out of rocketry for awhile but returned at NARAM 49 and then started coming to our HUVARS meetings again.

He remains one of the most creative rocketeers I know. He built a capacitance discharge launch box that is pure genius, based upon discarded disposable cameras. Last winter he led a build session of these with our NAR group. I shamelessly used my daughter to convince the photo clerk at Walgreens to part with a recycle box of 100+ disposable camera shells so we would have enough for the session. I've also tried to convince Yitah to make a commercial version just for clusters. Can reliably fire 20 or so Estes igniters from 2 AA cells.

Yitah also designed an incredible, very easy to construct, rocket glider that won one of our recent contests. We were all so intrigued that Yitah volunteered to lead us in a build session of the models. Steve of Commonwealth volunteered his laser cutter to do the fins and Digital Astro did the cutting. The rocket was easy enough to build that we were able to complete them in a 2 hour build session. Yitah is working with Steve at Commonwealth to produce a commercial kit of this amazing rocket.

Yitah's a truly amazing guy and I'm really glad he's come back to rocketry. I don't think he has time to participate in these forums but I'll let him know folks are asking about him.