View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 11:53 AM
That 70's Rocketeer

After a number of failed attempts, I finally got this to print out good enough for me. Some sanding to clean it up and smooth it out more, and it should be a go for gluing the top on and primer. Most of the issues stemmed from the CAD program I originally used, TinkerCad, it's fairly easy to use, but it just doesn't have the resolution for larger parts. I switched to FreeCad. I did import the fins and fairings below the fins from TickerCad as I didn't feel like redrawing them, maybe not the best decision, but works for me. My print nozzle was fine, I had to tweak some settings in the slicing program through a lot of trial and error to get rid of the weirdness and roughness in the printing. PETG can sometimes be really challenging depending on the part, as it wants to string. And printing it upside-down is the way to go, it requires no supports. Overall, not bad for being new to this, especially creating parts in a CAD program, which was really intimidating at first, and still is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Pershing II Nose Cone Lower.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  131.3 KB  

"You know, it, uh, won't fly unless somebody pushes the button." From the movie October Sky.

I am SAM # 0167
NAR 98303 Southwestern Ohio Rocketry Association (SORA) #624
https://www.rocketryohio.com