View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 12:10 AM
7/21/61

I have to say I fail to see what the issue is, particularly this obsession with the behavior of Goodrocks.

He wins auctions by being the high bidder. So the issue would be, what? How, exactly is he harming the model rocket community by being the high bidder on public auctions?

Then he pays money to list his items on eBay and asks prices higher than what I would want to pay but apparently acceptable to his buyers. Every time he buys something he knows he has to sell it for at least 20% more just to break even. So, again, the issue is what?

I don't understand what it is about this that Woody finds even remotely unacceptable. Goodrocks is not cheating anyone. He tries to buy low and sell high, kind of the all-American thing to do. Every time he buys something he takes the risk that it won't sell for what he thinks it will. Again, I don't really understand what is so nefarious about this.

Buying open kits, replacing the broken parts, and then reselling the kits. Clearly these are being sold as open kits. He's not hiding that. So, again, the issue is what?

I've both bought from and sold to Mr. Wong. I've never met him or spoke to him but I've always found him to be honest and friendly. Occasionally he's put in low-ball bids on my items and ended up winning, then turned around and resold the item for more. So what? Am I supposed to dislike him for that? If you buy and sell on eBay, that's the game.

I know Goodrocks builds and flies, and he uses his knowledge of rocket kit values to finance his hobby. Again, what's the issue?

I find this obsession with Goodrocks and trying to portray him as somehow dishonest as unwarranted and really kind of weird.