Thread: Nasa Sls
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 09:06 AM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Baloney about the no reduction in spending.
NASA's funding as a % in relation to GDP is far lower since cancellation of Apollo.

I think the cumulative altitude of all SLS launches will NOT increase from what it is now. Exactly ZERO feet !

Also I think the BRAC reduction to the USAF and closure of USAF ONLY bases is a major disaster toward our defense as a whole. This mamby-pamby creation of "joint bases" from former USAF bases is a bunch of garbage. We should have GROSSLY OVERWHELMING force in aircraft numbers, instead of throwing money at GARBAGE platforms like the F-35.
In USN and USMC versions that turd cannot even continuously operate above Mach 1.
The money used on the F-35 should have been spent on more F-22s (to at least the originally planned production number) and upgrades to the F-15, F-16 and F-18 as well as de-mothballing the F-14.
Retiring the F-14 was one of the STUPIDEST moves ever by the USN.

The USMC needs a F-35 "Stealth" fighter about as much as the USAF should bring back the AWFUL F-105 ThunderTURD. What the USMC could use is new-production A-10s.

The F-105 would have been good at it's designed job, delivering a nuclear payload. Unfortunately, it was a fork used to eat soup. Retiring the F-14 wasn't that bad of a decision due to a lack of planes/parts, and huge down time for maintenance, though I hated to see it go. As far as building more F-22's and using overwhelming numbers of extremely well performing F-15's etc., I'm all onboard with that. We saw what happened when Clinton slashed the military. We need to build it, not dismantle it. The military is a perfect "two for the price of one" outfit. Instead of giving away free money to the jobless with all these federal programs that never work, expand the military and pay them to be there. Instead of minimum wage flipping burgers and mopping at McDonalds, entry level workers can make more flipping and mopping for the military and have full benefits. Pay the ones already in a little more to stay. At least you get something in return.