View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 09:20 PM
I do not like Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cohetero-negro
So I used a trick that a friend taught me:

Get about a mile away from the officer where there is a slight bend in the road. Take the off-ramp where the street goes under the freeway. Immeadiately go under the freeway, and get back on going the opposite way. You just have to do this where there are no off-ramp stop lights and the traffic is light.

This worked a couple times I tried it. I think today, I wouldn't attempt such things because there are too many cameras watching the road ways and they would catch me.

As I ascended an overpass one time I flew past a DPS trooper sitting on the shoulder on the other side. In my mirrors, I can see him start to make a U-turn to come after me. I was able to respond by taking the next exit, quickly parking at a store and running inside to use the restroom which was why I was going at warp speed in the first place. After a few minutes, a look around at the parking lot from the front of the store showed that the coast was clear.

Since then, I have spoken with friends in law enforcement. Whenever pulled over, I stop as far to the right of the shoulder as I can. The officer likes to park his cruiser slightly less as far to the right behind you so that his vehicle provides him a little bit of a shield from passing traffic.

Turn off the engine and the radio. Turn on the emergency blinkers. Lower the front windows on both the driver and passenger's side. If it is night, turn the dome light on. Put both hands on the steering wheel and wait for him to come up to you.

Do not do anything he might perceive to be threatening and be courteous.

Do not lie as he has probably heard them all.

Following this advice, I have gotten several warnings but no tickets in well over a decade. On the last real ticket, I was well over the limit, but he wrote me up for only 15 over so that I was able to take care of the ticket by going to comedy defensive driving class.

Ironically, taking such a class gives me a discount on my insurance for three years. But in order to use the class to do the deferred adjudication thing on a ticket, I can not have taken a class in the prior three years. So if I get a ticket, I end up with a completion certificate for the discount. But I do not want to use up that "get out of jail free" card until I do get a ticket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cohetero-negro
Best to just take the ticket and tear it up when the office isn't watching

Good way to score an invitation to a warrant roundup and maybe an appearance on the local news...

Bill

If your June, July, August and September was like this, you might just hate summer too...

Please unload your question before you ask it unless you have a concealed harry permit.

: countdown begin cr dup . 1- ?dup 0= until cr ." Launch!" cr ;

Give a man a rocket and he will fly for a day; teach him to build and he will spend the rest of his days sanding...