View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 08:24 AM
Junior Rocketeer

I wanted to share something else.

Bruce and I met at an MTMA launch in Ohio. For the life of me I don't remember how it was that we hit it off so well. We were kind of opposites in many ways. But we became fast friends. As time progressed, I moved into high power and my projects got bigger. But Bruce and I still found common ground in our love of models and we would often launch together at the various fields I found. His favorite motor was the B6-4. I really don't have a memory of him launching much of anything else. He was at home on the launch field. I have to chuckle at past images of us....two old pudgy guys out in the field, feeling like kids while launching our rockets. Since we both had a bit of a gut...we called ourselves "Muffin Top Rocketry". No matter the circumstances Bruce always had a sense of humor.

He helped me and my small family in ways I will always be grateful for. I have many fond memories of Bruce. I do not know if he told any of you all. But even though he never smoked, he was also battling lung cancer and some other issues that came up.

The last time I saw him in person, they invited my wife and I to his place to have dinner with him and his wife Deb. We hung out and watched a movie. That evening was truly a good time and a fond memory. I really did not know that was the last time I would actually see him in person.

I am sorry to go on like this. I am sure some of you have stories to share as well. If you do, please post them. He was a good guy, he was surely a character, he was also my close friend.

Fly high and soft landings Bruce

Andrew Kleinhenz
TRA #12272 L2