View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 10:12 AM
Junior Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
We flew together a couple of times at the Rip Rap Road field in Dayton. Always flying something interesting, and on one occasion we were talking as we recovered our "gliders" and I put two and two together and realized that we both posted here. On that particular day Bruce was flying a Centuri Hummingbird, making multiple flights and trying to chase out the gremlins that often ride along with early flights of any glider. He was very focused on getting the thing to work, and I recognized that my own lack of focus was probably where the bulk of my personal gremlins came from when it came to gliders. Then I saw something shiny and lost the thought. A couple of years back Bruce had been doing some work on the Estes Geo Sat LV and I'd taken some pictures of details on my eBay rescue kit for him. Only now I realize that you were his test mule for the parts he made with his 3D printer.
I think I'll build a Hummingbird.

I remember that day! We were there together. I also remember it was a HOT day. I remember our trip/drive down. If memory serves....we went to E-Rockets after the launch to get some goodies (he did). Yes he loved that hummingbird glider...it also frustrated him a bit.

He also made me a Geo-Sat "kit". It is one of my most precious rockets. I will try and post a photo of it. He was so happy that I made something that he made the parts for!

Good times.
Andrew