View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 04:58 PM
Sometimes collector

I downloaded the SLS Laser-X instructions from the old Semroc site and looked at what parts were available at e-rockets. All the parts were available except the baffle disc and the full length main tube. The baffle could be omitted from the build, since shorter tubes were available I felt I could piece it together but that would require some modification of the interlocking fin tabs. I ordered the parts, most critical were the Large tubes in unusual diameters, the nosecone, transition, Laser cut fin set, the interchangeable motor mount, and the instructions. I got the parts and realized how neat it would be to be able to use interchangeable mounts which Semroc designed specifically for this rocket. I posted here to see if anyone had an LT-225 14” or longer and Chas came through and I bought it from him. In addition, he had a 225 bulkhead I could drill to make the baffle and included that also. I got vinyl decals from Stickershock since erockets no longer had them. The only minor issue with the decals is there is a white border around each decal, so I’m going to try to find a white that matches.

I decided to make up a complete kit before starting so I cut the tubes and slotted the main tube. Here are the main kit parts without recovery system.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  97818618-1547-454D-8266-C3B08C3334B1.jpeg
Views: 107
Size:  1.59 MB