View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 02:34 PM
Pickin' and launching.

Thanks all for talking up the square kits. Especially thanks to Steve, Bernard and others who have enjoyed the kits. It literally started from my kids 7th grade science fair project. I thought it would just be fun to do something different and it has been very fun. I’ve had the opportunity to meet and get to know so many great people in the rocket community that I might not have otherwise. For the guys that don’t like the square rockets, I get it. They are not everyone’s cup of tea and I have no problem with that. I love round rockets as well and have hundreds of them.

I can’t even make round kits if I wanted to because of all the different technology it takes to make round kits. Along with being different, I thought about what else I could do to make the kits the best I could and be something I myself would feel good about buying. That’s how the extras came about.

The last 2 years I’ve had major eye problems with both of my retinas detaching requiring surgery. During this time I haven’t been able to work consistently, thus pushing the rocket business to the side. I have some vision now and I’m working on rebuilding NewWay.

Now that my kid, who was the inspiration for the square rocket kits, has grown up and is an aeronautical engineer, he’s helping me out and pushing me towards new technology like 3D printing and getting our own laser cutter.

I certainly plan on having some of the kits that I haven’t had in stock for a while back in stock. Besides my eyes, The laser cutter I’ve been using I no longer have access to. This makes my output of kits much slower. I’m working on it. Randy at eRockets has been a big supporter of mine and he will have kits as I get them made. I hope that those that have tried the square kits have enjoyed them, as I will continue to enjoy making them.

Also, I’m continuing to do testing on the Saturn IV. I had hoped to have it done by now but, plans don’t always work out.
NAR #28062, ROCI Section #625
http://www.newwayspacemodels.com
http://www.indyrockets.org
NewWay Space Models-We Cornered Model Rocketry